The London Vision team will be hosting Sight Loss: What You Need to Know sessions over the coming months. The sessions will take place on the digital meeting platform Zoom, but they will be accessible for people with computers and smartphones and for people who only have access to a landline phone.
Each session will be themed; we will cover different areas including: reasons for registering as a blind partially sighted person, and the benefits associated with registration; tips and tricks for living with sight loss; getting out and about; introduction to technology, and sport and leisure.
The sessions will be informal and there will be plenty of opportunities to ask questions and share your ideas. We will also keep the groups small to allow for conversations. Your friends or family are also welcome to join in with these sessions and discussions.
If you are interested in joining, please call Chris on 020 3761 3651 or get in touch via e-mail email@example.com
Please don’t hesitate to get in touch with questions, and feel free to share this message with anyone you think might benefit from the course.
We will repeat sessions three times through the week on different days – morning, afternoon, and early evening, providing sessions to suit all.
Sessions will begin week commencing:
- July 13 – exploring the benefits of registration, your rights and services available to you
- July 20 – getting out and about moving safely with sight loss
- July 27 – everyday life skills and top tips
- August 3 – sport and leisure (hobbies)
- August 3 – introduction to technology
- August 10 – how to feel good about yourself
- August 17 – setting goals and targets
- September 7 – exploring the benefits of registration, your rights and services available to you
- September – getting out and about moving safely with sight loss
- September 21 – everyday life skills and top tips
- September 28 – sport and leisure (hobbies)
- September 28 – introduction to technology
- October 5 – how to feel good about yourself
- October 5 – setting goals and targets
When you join a session your phone call should be free but please check with your provider first.